Sunday Ethical Education for Kids (SEEK)
SEEK is getting an overhaul right now. We're working towards launching our new offerings in September to kick off our '23-'24 program year.
In the meantime, we're committed to providing high-quality, safe childcare for your kids of all ages (0-18) with a focus on fun activities and being kind and ethical people. We are happy to engage your children while you enjoy our Sunday programs, including 9:45 a.m. Forum in the Hanke Room and our 11 a.m. Platform (our Sunday service) in the auditorium.
When you arrive, just enter the back door on the west end of the parking lot. A greeter will be there to point you in the right direction. Pre-school, grade school, and teen activities are available every Sunday and are offered free of charge for members of the Ethical Society; they are also free for visitors through *August 2023.
We're excited! So stay tuned and check this website for updates.
What is SEEK anyway?
Sunday Ethical Education for Kids (SEEK) is the Ethical Humanist version of a traditional "Sunday School." SEEK guides young people from infancy through their late teens in the thoughtful exploration of the myriad ways people make sense of the world around them, promoting intellectual and ethical development. We examine a wide variety of the world's religious traditions, including the one that brings us together - Ethical Humanism. We get our hands dirty observing the natural world and learning about how to protect and preserve it. SEEKers are challenged to think carefully about ways to contribute to a more loving and ethical world community, and then to act on those values!
SEEK gives kids opportunities to practice thinking critically and acting kindly. With SEEK, we hope our kids will not only be able to navigate the world gracefully, but also find ways to leave it better than the world they inherited.
SEEK Core Values
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.
Outstanding Ethical Youth Award