(Alternative Youth Scouting)
- An inclusive group of families and scouting enthusiasts at the Ethical Society of St. Louis
- Open to children of all genders in the St. Louis area
- Ages 4-6 Stargazers
- Ages 7-10 Juniors
- Ages 11-18 Seniors
- Focused on caring for the earth, outdoor skills, and ethical values
Children 5-18 are part of Chapter 33 of Navigators USA a national, inclusive scouting organization.
We want to grow and foster an organization that we would be proud to have our children join.
We want to make a place where:
- all Ethical Society values and principles can thrive and not be compromised.
- everyone is welcome, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, or religious beliefs.
- youth of different ages and genders get to experience together and learn to work together for a common goal.
- exploration and learning are at the core of the program.
- the outdoors is the classroom and respect for the outdoors is demonstrated through skills that embrace a “leave no trace” outdoor behavioral code.
- youth learn leadership, character, and values as part of their participation.
- reward is perceived through the helping of others, not for personal gain.
- youth teach youth.
- youth hold leadership roles helping to run the program.
- youth see “fun” as one of the main descriptors of the program.
- we practice sustainability.
For more information contact us at EthicalNav@gmail.com.
Guiding young people from infancy through their late teens in the thoughtful exploration of the myriad ways people make sense of the world around them, we examine a wide variety of the world's religious traditions, including the one that brings us together - Ethical Humanism.