It takes a village! We have a small, part-time staff and rely on parents and community members to bolster our ability to offer a variety of quality programs for kids of all ages. Making this a group effort not only supports our staff and the families participating, but it also provides wonderful opportunities for folks of different ages and backgrounds to connect with youth and for people to make a difference by sharing their unique expertise, skills, or knowledge with others. Many of our volunteer roles are low effort, high impact – it doesn’t have to take a lot of time or commitment for you to be a force for good in our community!
Here are some examples of how you can serve:
- Ethical Education Advisory Board – Provide input on curriculum plans, special events, policies and procedures, and more.
- SEEK Support Team – Take turns on Sundays welcoming visiting families and/or providing classroom support when needed.
- Guest Speaker – Speak to a class on a topic of interest that relates to our curriculum.
- Activity Hour Co-host – Share a hobby or demonstrate a skill with young people.
- Youth Group Advisor – Be a mentor to Youth Group members and/or help them organize discussions, service projects, fundraisers, or outings.
All volunteers working with children in any capacity will be asked to review and agree to our Code of Conduct Toward Children. Adult volunteers interested in roles that involve substitute teaching or the supervision of children will need to complete a Family Care Safety Registry background check and attend a Stewards of Children child-abuse prevention training session.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are interested in volunteering!