Our programs for youth are guided by our Core Values. We encourage kids to be themselves, to respect our earth and all living things, to think critically, and to act kindly. We explore the many ways humans make sense of the world and our existence, from scientific inquiry to philosophy, the arts, and religious traditions. We challenge teens to define their personal values and then act on them.
Through their time with us, we hope to impart every child with the knowledge and support needed to navigate each stage of life with grace, inspire them to embrace the wonder and complexity of being human, and empower them to contribute to a more just, loving, ethical world.
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.