- Update: Flyer and details released for October camping outing on weekend of October 22.
- Details in work for November outing.
- Our next General Meeting will be October 16 at 9:45.
- Update: We had a productive Council Meeting this morning.
- Our next Council Meeting will be November 13 at 9:30.
October 21-23: Camping at Babler State Park
We decided to return to Babler State Park for cabin camping in October. Our educational focus will be geology for the weekend. We will have new campers joining us from a satellite chapter starting at Mallinckrodt School. We also plan to involve the leadership skills of our older scouts more than usual.
The basic cost will be $30/person for the full weekend or $10 for a Saturday-only reservation.
Please see the flyer for more details.
November 6: TV/Radio Station
Two of our parents work at local TV Station and Radio station. They are arranging for us to visit the media companies on the morning on November 6 to learn about communications. More details as they are set.
Our October General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on October 16 at the Ethical Society. We will have some lessons on geology.
Our November General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on November 20 at the Ethical Society. We will have some lessons on ham radio and Morse Code
October Council Meeting
This morning, five members of the Council met in the Ethical Society, plus one guest:
Kyle Crawford (Co-Leader), Lance Finney (Communications), Bob Heck (Treasurer), Haley Pepper (Co-Leader), and Ellen Wilson (Quartermaster). Jenny Crawford also participated.
The meeting was mostly focused on the details of upcoming meetings and outings as described above. In addition, we discussed the following topics:
- Service Project – Heck proposed a service project helping repair the trails and make an outdoor classroom for the Ethical Society Nursery School in the Ethical Woods.
- Leadership – Looking forward to 2017, we will possibly change our leadership structure. Pepper and Wilson proposed that we would have three separate leaders (and possibly with assistant leaders) for three age groups, allowing us to focus more on age-appropriate activities.We will also possibly have personnel changes in leadership.
- 2017 – We will schedule a meeting in late November or December to plan our outings and other schedule for 2017. All will be welcome.
- Mallinckrodt – Pepper has formed a satellite chapter at Mallinckrodt school. There are several 5-year-olds and a 9-year old who have their own General Meetings but will join the existing Ethical Navigators for outings. Welcome!
November Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on November 13 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.