- Update: Flyer released for October outing Oct 19-22.
- New: November service outing announced: RSVP if you didn’t get to go last year.
- Update: Our next General Meeting will be October 15 at 9:45, at which we will practice climbing skills.
- Update: We had a productive Council Meeting this morning. Join us on December 3 if you want to help plan for 2018 or be on the Council.
October 20-22: Camping/Climbing
We the group area at Pere Marquette reserved for our last camping outing of the year. This site is away from all other campers and visitors, and it is more primitive than we usually use (a pit toilet instead of a showerhouse, for example), so come with your expectations set.
Planned activities for the weekend include climbing, hiking, geology, geocaching, chess, stargazing, etc.
We have the campsite reserved starting Thursday night, for those with a free school day on Friday who want to make a long weekend of it.
November 18: Foodbank
Our November Outing will be a service project at the Foodbank. The shift is from 10 AM – 1 PM. Folks should meet at the Foodbank (70 Corporate Woods Drive, Bridgeton) inside in the Volunteer area around 9:45 – 9:50. The Foodbank staff will do background information about the Foodbank, its mission, and safety protocols starting at 10; we don’t want anyone to miss that part.
Folks can bring food to eat during breaks and we HIGHLY recommend they do that. Either bring a snack and plan on eating lunch after the shift is over OR bring a small lunch to eat at the 11:30 break.
Children must be 5 years old to participate.
We are opening RSVPs for this now, but we have only 20 spots available. In order to share the activity, please RSVP this week only if you weren’t able to attend last year. We will open the RSVPs to all next week. Please RSVP by emailing EthicalNav@gmail.com with the number of people who will be volunteering (e.g., Smith 4 people).
The General Meeting will be at 9:45 am at the Ethical Society on October 15.
We will have a climbing-focused meeting, with groups making barrel lashings and learning how to wear a harness.
October Council Meeting
This morning, five members of the Council met in the Ethical Society:
Kyle Crawford (Junior Co-Leader), Lance Finney (Communications), Andy Ford (Senior Co-Leader), Mike Jones (Stargazer Co-Leader), and Haley Pepper (Co-Leader).
The meeting was mostly focused on the details of upcoming meetings and outings as described above. In addition, we discussed the following topics:
- Badges – Pepper is on a committee with the National Navigators USA organization building a new Badge Book.
- Jamboree – We will be the hosting Chapter for a National Navigators USA Jamboree next year. Plan for a fun weekend in July (date not set yet), and the chance to meet other Navigators from around the country. We probably will be asked to host some families, provide household items for activities, and provide local expertise. Expect much more about this in 2018.
- End of Year – Our Chapter organizes on the calendar year, and the year is almost up! We plan to have our 2018 Planning Meeting on Sunday, December 3. If you are interested in helping to plan outings for 2018, please consider joining us for that meeting. Additionally, positions will likely be available on the Council next year, so let us know and plan to attend if you are interested in being a group Leader or serving if one of the other positions becomes available (Communications, Treasurer, and Quartermaster).
November Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on November 5 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.