- Updated: Our next outing will be biking at Forest Park at 10:30 am on October 17.
- Updated: More details set for November meetings and outing. Please donate for Winter Outreach, if you can.
- Updated: We will work on our Pioneering badges at our next General Meeting will be October 25 at 9:45.
- Updated: We had a small Council Meeting this morning. Please read the details to learn about leadership opportunities.
October 17: Biking in Forest Park
We will be biking in Forest Park, both learning about bike skills and safety and having a fun ride (for those big enough).
Meet at the Upper Muny parking lot at 10:30. We will have a skills course set up to practice bike riding, and we will also talk about bicycle safety. After that, the older and more capable kids will start on a ride around the park, eating a picnic lunch during the ride (please bring the lunch – we will not be providing food). The younger children will stay closer to the Muny lot for practice, fun, and lunch.
November 7: Puppet Theater
We will attend Bob Kramer’s Marionnettes at 10 am and then go to a member family’s house for a service project for Winter Outreach. Haley Pepper is organizing the Puppet Show, and Mel Johnson is organizing the Winter Outreach service project (please see the flyer for information about what you can donate in advance and at the day of service).
The puppet show will cost $10/adult and $8/child. Please RSVP to EthicalNav@gmail.com if you plan to attend (there will be an RSVP deadline, but we don’t know the date yet).
Our October General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on October 25 at the Ethical Society. We will learning lashings to build a simple shelter in order to earn our Pioneering badges. We will have more details next week, but please bring long twigs and sticks if you can (assuming the weather is good – if weather forces us inside, we will use less messy alternatives).
We will build on the service project outing in November will a service project morning. Please meet at 9:45 at the Ethical Society to help clean up around the Society.
October Council Meeting
This morning, three members of the Council met in the Ethical Society:
Lance Finney (Communications), Haley Pepper (Junior Navigators), and Ellen Wilson (Quartermaster).
The meeting was mostly focused on the details of upcoming meetings and outings as described above. In addition, we discussed the following topics:
- Leadership Change – Senior Navigator Leader Morse and Treasurer Tom Draney have resigned, opening new positions on the Council.If you are interested in serving as Senior Navigators leader or Treasurer, please let us know.
- Year End – We made tentative plans to hold a year-end banquet to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. We propose that this year’s event be less like a meeting than in the past and more like a party with distribution of badges. Look for more details to come.
- Training – We made no progress on hosting another regional adult training event for other Chapters. It is unlikely that we will pull this together this year.