- Update: Our March Outing will be a visit to a local Hare Krishna community. Note: new date.
- New: Planning has started for camping in April.
- Our next General Meeting will be March 20 at 9:45.
- Update: We had a fruitful Council Meeting this morning.
March 26: Religious Community
We have tentative plans to visit a Hare Krishna Temple for a midday lesson (we originally were going to an evening meeting and meal on Sunday – that will now be an Add-on).. This will help our Navigators work towards the Community badge as they meet another faith tradition. The arrangement is not finalized, and we will give information when it is. Some families might wish to visit the nearby Catholic Basilica afterwards to extend their comparative religion exploration.
We will send a flyer with details soon.
April: Camping with Caves
We have tentative plans to go camping near the end of the month. We are scouting nearby locations that have caving options (one option will be Pere Marquette SP).
Our March General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on March 20 at the Ethical Society. Our plan is to meet with Kate Lovelady, the Leader of the Ethical Society, to talk about how the Ethical Society values and the Navigators Moral Compass work together. We plan to divide the group by age so that conversation can proceed at different levels of appropriate conversation.
March Council Meeting
This morning, four members of the Council met in the Ethical Society:
Kyle Crawford (Co-Leader), Bob Heck (Treasurer), Haley Pepper (Co-Leader), and Ellen Wilson (Quartermaster).
The meeting was mostly focused on the details of upcoming meetings and outings as described above. In addition, we discussed the following topics:
- Fundraiser – We had a successful fundraiser last weekend cooking First Sunday Lunch. The Council discussed options for improving the event in the future.
- SEEK Integration – We have integrated our General Meetings with the Sunday Ethical Education for Kids program at the Ethical Society for the past scholastic year. We discussed some ideas for providing more curriculum for SEEK.
- Library – Pepper would like to build a Navigators Library and has books and videos to start the collection. Please consider donating appropriate materials if you have any.
- Badges – Orders from other chapters are picking up, which helps our Chapter. We need more sashes and patches, and Pepper is working on it.
- Camping – The difference in expenses for different camping outings was brought up (for example, cabins and floating costs more than tent camping, etc.). We will continue considering the question.
- Grants – We have applies for an Earth Day grant. We are waiting on results.
April Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on April 10 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.