- Successful car wash fundraiser this morning! Thank you!
- Our Convergence Event in July is getting closer.
- Our next Council Meeting is planned for July 7.
- The next General Meeting will be July 14.
July 18-22 – Convergence Event
Our Ethical Society Chapter of the NavigatorsUSA outdoor program for youth is hosting a Convergence camping event in KY for other chapters to attend. Please look for a more formal flyer to come in the next week or so that will include costs, but here are the basic parameters.
Event: NavigatorsUSA Convergence and Campout
Where: Energy Lake Campground, Land Between the Lakes, KY
When: July 18-22, 2013 (attend one day or all days)
This event is an opportunity for Navigators of all ages with their families to join together in a group camping experience in the midwest and build connections between our chapters and youth. The Ethical Navigators have put together this convergence event for the dates of July 18 – 22, 2013 so that a Navigator family or a Navigator group can attend for a day or two or all 5 days.
This event is for all ages and the whole family. We have our own Navigators Group, the”Stargazers”, for ages 2-6 and our “Travelers” group for adults over 18.
We have hiking, canoeing, environmental and history exploration which includes a visit to an early American living history area “The Homeplace” along with many other attractions of the Land Between the Lakes on the Kentucky/Tennessee border. We will be camping at the Energy Lake Campground and will have a summer camp style daily regiment with morning assembly and evening gatherings. We also have a special Senior Navigators overnight canoe camping trip on Lake Barkley.
Please contact Stuart Morse or EthicalNav@gmail.com if you are interested in attending. Our chapter is very excited to host this event.
Schedule: Nav.USA 2013 Convergence, KY (pdf)
Our next General Meeting will be at the Ethical Society on July 14 at 9am. Our tentative location is the Assembly Hall downstairs.
We had a very successful car wash this morning, in which we raised over $450 for our chapter! This will help us afford the Convergence Event in July and other events. There are a lot of people to thank for their efforts:
- Ellen Wilson for thinking of an organizing the activity, and Krystal White for helping her.
- The Ethical Society leadership for allowing us to use the space and resources.
- Jesse for providing custodial and logistical support.
- Jim Rhodes for helping us keep environmental effects in mind (we had a much smaller effect on the watershed thanks to the the efforts he inspired).
- The volunteers and contributors (apologies to anyone missed or misspelled):
- Ellen and West Wilson
- Stuart and True Morse
- Mitch, Alice, and Rhys Harden
- Tom, Jayne, Catalina, and Liam Draney
- Jim and Andrew Johnson
- Rebecca, Oscar, and Milo Karlen
- Terry Blackmore and Kai and Ella Hall
- Bella, Louis, and Andy Ford
- Barrett, Julian, and Simon Foat
- Alex and Theo Saigh
- Bob Heck
- Andy Semler
- Krystal White and Raina Compton
- Rachel Valenti (for generously donating supplies)
- And finally, the Ethical Society Community for making the activity a good fundraiser for us – and especially to a particular large donor (who knows who he or she is).
July 7 Council Meeting
The next Council meeting will be at 9:30 am on June 7 at Krystal White’s house. All are welcome to observe and comment.