- Update: Details set for the July outing on July 29-31 – Please RSVP by July 21.
- Our next General Meeting will be July 24 at 9:45.
- Update: We had a very productive Council Meeting this morning.
- New: We will be advertising Navigators USA to Ethical Societies around the country next weekend at the AEU Assembly.
- New: Our next Council Meeting will be August 14 at 9:30.
July 29-31: Camping/Float Trip
We will camp at Meramec State Park, where we went in September 2012, July 2014, and July 2015. We have reservations at campsites for the final weekend in July.
The tentative schedule for activities includes Olympics-themed games (will plan to divide into countries for competitions), swimming, and a service project on Saturday and floating on the Meramec River on Sunday.
The basic cost will be $25/person ($20/person under 7) for the full weekend or $15/$10 for a Saturday-only reservation. Additionally, we will float on 6-person rafts that cost $160, so that will be an extra cost of around $27/person for those who float.
Please see the flyer for more details.
Please RSVP by July 21 to EthicalNav@gmail.com and let us know if you plan to float, or use those accounts to ask any questions you have.
August 20: Pool Party
The Hecks have generously offered to host us for Pool Party at their house again. We will fold the August General Meeting into this outing, so there will not be a separate General Meeting this month. More details will come later.
Our July General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on July 24 at the Ethical Society. The theme of the morning will be the Olympics in preparation for the Summer Olympics and the Outing. Haley Pepper will teach about good sportsmanship, sports medicine, and/or the Olympic ideals.
Our August General Meeting will happen at the Pool Party, mentioned above.
July Council Meeting
This morning, five members of the Council met in the Ethical Society:
Lance Finney (Communications), Andy Ford (Co-Leader), Bob Heck (Treasurer), Haley Pepper (Co-Leader), and Ellen Wilson (Quartermaster).
The meeting was mostly focused on the details of upcoming meetings and outings as described above. In addition, we discussed the following topics:
- AEU Assembly – The annual meeting for the American Ethical Union (the parent organization of the Ethical Society) will happen next weekend in St. Louis. We will have a table full of information that Council Members will staff, and Pepper and Wilson (with assistance from Heck) will present about our history and interaction with the Society to leaders of Ethical Societies around the country.
August Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on August 14 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.