- Update: Planning continues for our February and March outings, with a time set for February.
- Our next General Meeting will be on February 19 at 9:45am at the Ethical Society.
- We will host the Ethical Society’s First Sunday Lunch on March 5. We will ask for your help as the event approaches.
- Update: Wilson, Finney, and Heck led an information session on the Ethical Navigators for the 9:45 Forum today.
- New: Our next Council Meeting will be March 12 at 9:30.
- We are seeking an additional co-leader for Stargazers or Junior Navigators. Please let us know if you are interested.
February 25: Art of Armory
We have tentative plans to visit the Art Museum to see the permanent exhibit on armory, followed by working together to build our own pretend armor and weapons. If the weather is good, we will safely use the armor and weapons for games in Forest Park. Bob Heck and Andy and Izzy Ford are planning this. You will not need to have been to the General Meeting to participate.
March 24-26 or March 31-April 2: Cabin Camping
We have tentative plans to return to Babler State Park for camping one of these two weekends. We will aim for the later weekend to avoid conflicts with Spring Break, but we are not sure if the cabins and Rec Hall are available that weekend (they are available the earlier weekend). Bob Heck and Mike Jones are initially planning this.
Note: February was originally going to have a camping outing, but scheduling didn’t work. So, we are swapping our February and March activities.
The February General Meeting will be at 9:45am at the Ethical Society on February 19. This meeting will have two purposes:
- Begin construction of our armor for the February 25 Outing, lead by Izzy Ford, one of our leaders. Stargazers will decorate swords while the older Navigators will be led in safe construction.
- Plan First Sunday Lunch roles with the Navigators.
First Sunday Lunch – March 5
The Navigators are hosting the First Sunday Lunch for the Ethical Society on March 5. The food will be served after the Platform, around noon, but we will need to be ready for the onslaught.
We have discussed several ideas about what we could serve (pancakes, lunch sandwiches, rice bowls, etc.), but the decision isn’t final yet. The menu and other planning will be an important topic of conversation at the February General Meeting.
Ellen Wilson and Andy Ford will be leading this effort for us, in co-ordination with Senior Navigators. When the date gets closer, we will ask for commitments to help before, during, and after the lunch for preparation, cooking, serving, and cleanup.
Ethical Navigators Forum: February 12
This morning, Lance Finney, Ellen Wilson, and Bob Heck presented the history and practice of the Ethical Navigators at the Ethical Society’s 9:45 Forum. We had a couple dozen people in the audience, ranging from first-time visitors to the Society to decades-long members. There was a lot of interest in what we’ve done, and there may be a few new families.
March Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on March 12 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.