- Update: We had a great time at yesterday’s Pool Party.
- Update: Our September outing will be working at the Foodbank – the RSVP list is full.
- New: An Add-on a UMSL to learn about Audubon and Beyond on September 18.
- New: Our next General Meeting will be September 18 at 9:45.
- Please help if you can with the SEEK kickoff/carnival on September 11.
- Our next Council Meeting will be September 11 at 9:30.
August 20: Pool Party
We had a great time at Bob Heck’s house, where he hosted a pool party. Nine families showed up, and we had hours of fun in the pool, on the trampoline, and playing games.
Congrats to the Schrenks for winning the cooking competition!
Big thanks to the Hecks for hosting us!
Some photos are available on Facebook.
September 10: Foodbank
Thanks to the planning of Krystal White, our September Outing will be a service project at the Foodbank. The shift is from 10 AM – 1 PM. Folks should meet at the Foodbank (70 Corporate Woods Drive, Bridgeton) inside in the Volunteer area around 9:45 – 9:50. The Foodbank staff will do background information about the Foodbank, its mission, and safety protocols starting at 10; we don’t want anyone to miss that part.
Folks can bring food to eat during breaks and Krystal HIGHLY recommends they do that. Either bring a snack and plan on eating lunch after the shift is over OR bring a small lunch to eat at the 11:30 break.
We have filled our allotment of 20 participants, so we are not open for further RSVPs at this time. These families are planning to participate: Whomptons, Finneys, M. Johnsons, Wilsons, Fords, Manzo-Prestons, and Armbruster/Coogans.
Add-On: September 18, 2016: Family Day at the Audubon and Beyond Exhibition
Come explore the Natural History Collections of the St. Louis Mercantile Library at a back to school event for the whole family on Sunday September 18th from 1-3pm. This interactive event is free and open to the public, and will feature educational activities for children and adults of all ages! With thanks to our special guests from Milkweed for Monarchs and the Wildlife Rescue Center. Please call 314-516-7248 or email email@example.com to make your reservation.
The free educational event includes a hands-on activity book, take-home activities, snacks, and prizes.
Reminder: An add-on is an event that some families in Navigators might attend, but not an event for which we are having a formal presence. If you know of other events that might be fun for Navigators, please let us know, and we will advertise them and add them to our calendar.
Our intention is to have another cabin camping weekend, possibly the weekend of October 22. We need to find available cabins (or tent sites, if cabins are taken). More details as they are set.
November: TV/Radio Station
Our intention is to earn a Communication badge by visiting a radio or TV station. We have nothing organized for this yet, but we have contacts in local media, so we hope to have information soon.
At the Pool Party, we went around the circle introducing each other and had a short discussion about next month’s Outing.
Our September General Meeting will be at 9:45 am on September 18 at the Ethical Society. We will have some lessons on planes and astronauts to work on the flight badges and will have other welcome-back activities and badge work.
The Ethical Society’s Sunday Ethical Education for Kids Sunday School will be kicking off the new year on September 11 with an orientation meeting at 10am and a small carnival after the Platform at noon.
- We asked SEEK if we could give a short introduction to the Navigators during the orientation. This is the same time as the Council Meeting. If necessary, the Council will break from the meeting to give the blurb, but we would love it if involved families could lead this instead. If you can help give a blurb for us, possibly with kids in uniform, please let us know!
- SEEK asked us if we could make a small carnival game for the post-Platform carnival. We just heard about it today after the meeting, so we don’t have a plan yet – please let us know if you have ideas and/or can help!
September Council Meeting
Our next Council meeting is scheduled for 9:30 am on September 11 in the Nursery School Green Room. All are welcome to observe and comment.