Mission and Vision
The Ethical Society of St. Louis, in all its practices and endeavors, is guided by the following foundational principles:
- We recognize the importance and worth of every human being and value the unique qualities present within each individual.
- We seek to promote personal moral development and social responsibility.
- We foster a caring and supportive community, recognizing that our relationships bind us together.
- We are dedicated to the principle that respect, compassion, and integrity are the building blocks of personal and global harmony.
- We are committed to life-long learning and self-improvement, seeking truth and meaning in all that we do.
The Ethical Society of St. Louis inspires ethical living in a humanist-centered congregation by affirming the worth of every person and advocating the primacy of ethical behavior above any creed.
The Ethical Society of St. Louis will be a large, welcoming, humanist community of diverse members, recognized throughout the region for its commitment and practices in support of ethical living, behavior, and action.
Ethical Society of St. Louis is a welcoming home to Humanists, and community is very important to us. We want you to feel a part of our community and that, for many people, means more than just coming to our Sunday Programs.